The Material Handler maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finshed product. He/She verifies and keeps records of outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards. This position reports to the Logistics Manager.
• Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory
• Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders
• Operates lift trucks, hand trucks, pallet jacks and other equipment to convey, move or hoist materials to proper locations and load freight trucks as necessary
• Pick parts and products from appropriate inventory locations in specified quantities as necessary to fill orders by following established procedures
• Prepare items for shipment
• Operates the stretch wrap banders
• Gather preassembled containers, wooden containers, or cardboard together
• Place items into containers using fillers, spacers and protective padding
• Nail covers on binds containers and wooden crates with metal tape, using a strapping machine
• Stencil, stamp or glue shipping instructions and identifying information onto containers or crates
• Post shipping charges and weights, and affix postage
• Examine outgoing shipments and make sure they conform with specifications
• Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Must be able to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
• Must have Forklift experience
• Must be detail oriented, and demonstrate the ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple tasks, while working efficiently
• Effective communication
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds consistently, as well as bend, stoop, kneel, carry, walk/stand for duration of shift 8+ hours per day, with no restriction or issue.
• Can-do attitude/mentality, and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.